STRUCTURE TO Gardens Central
- 7.2m x 8m structural grid with minimal columns creating large-span office space.
- 3.7m slab to slab to office floor heights.
- 2.6m clear ceiling from FFL.
- Floor slab 300mm reinforced concrete flat slab construction.
STRUCTURE TO NO. 19
- 8 x 9.6m structural grid with minimal columns creating large-span office space.
- 3.8m slab to slab to office floor heights.
- 3.1m clear ceiling from FFL to underside of fair-faced concrete slab.
- Floor slab 400mm reinforced concrete flat slab construction with fair-faced finish to exposed soffit.
- Entrance Lobby – Restored brick and limestone within an original 18th century structure.
- Central Foyer – Bianco di Carrara (white marble) / White painted plaster.
- Central Lift Lobby (Ground Floor only) – Bianco di Carrara (white marble) / Ribbed acoustic ceiling panels.
- Central Lift Lobby (upper floors) – oak veneered linings / Ribbed acoustic ceiling panels.
- Solid oak internal glazed screens with fire-rated glass to selected areas as required.
- No. 19 – Fair-faced white concrete finishes.
- Lift Lobby (No.19 Ground Floor only) – Bianco di Carrara (white marble) / Exposed concrete.
- Lift Lobby (No.19 Upper floors) – oak veneered linings/ Exposed concrete.
- Mercantile and GPO protected structures – Painted plaster and or dry lining.
EXTERNAL WALLS/ FAÇADE SYSTEMS
- Entrance Lobby – Structural glazing with automated entrance doors.
- Modern Office Façade – High performance curtain walling with anodized aluminium brise soleil to selected areas with high performance solar control glazing.
- Sand blasted opaque glass rain screen cladding to selected areas.
- Courtyard Elevations – High performance curtain with anodized aluminium brise soleil to selected areas with high performance solar control glazing.
- Anodised aluminium rain screen cladding to selected areas.
- Entrance Lobby – Flamed limestone flooring.
- Central Foyer – Bianco di Carrara (white marble).
- Lift Lobbies – European oak hardwood flooring.
- Gardens Central office – 600 x 600 raised access floor system.
- No. 19 – 600 x 600 raised access floor system.
- Mercantile and GPO protected structures – Hardwood floating floor on concrete base.
- Entrance Lobby – Restored vaulted brick arch within an original 18th century structure to entrance.
- Central Foyer – White painted timber slats with acoustic insulation.
- Lift Lobbies – Veneered acoustic suspended ceiling.
- Gardens Central office – 600 x 600 metal suspended ceiling system.
- No. 19 – Fair-faced white concrete finishes.
- Mercantile and GPO protected structures – Restored ceiling finishes / suspended plasterboard ceilings.
- Oak veneered doors with solid oak hardwood edge trims.
- Doors to lift lobbies – oak veneered glazed doors with solid oak hardwood edge trims.
- Ironmongery in brushed stainless steel finish with access control to selected doors.
PASSENGER LIFT INSTALLATIONS
- Gardens Central office – Passenger lifts include 2 No. 1,000kg MRL geared electric traction passenger lifts (Duplex control).
- No. 19 – 1 No. 800kg MRL geared electric traction passenger lift (Simplex control).
- Lifts comply with Part M of Building Regulations and European Lift Standards EN-81.
WC & CHANGING ROOM INSTALLATIONS
- High quality ceramic sanitary fittings.
- High pressure laminate cubicle systems.
- Modern changing room lockers.
- Warm air dryers in all toilet areas.
- Oak handrails to main stairs.
- No. 19 – Solid oak treads to staircase.
- Mercantile building – Solid oak treads to staircase.
- Rubber floor sheeting / paint finishes to escape staircases.
- High performance membrane finish to flat roof areas with light coloured top surface to achieve LEED Gold rating.
- Green roof to selected areas with an intensive roof build-up.
- Natural slate roof finishes to the Mercantile and GPO protected structures.
- Single storey basement with reinforced concrete walls.
- 26 office carparking spaces with epoxy paint floor finish.
- 50 cycle bays in dedicated bicycle storage area.
- Fully automated security roller shutter screen at entrance to carpark.
MECHANICAL SERVICES SUMMARY
- Mechanical systems are developed on the basis of a ‘shell and core’ scheme at a 1 person per 10sqm net occupancy, with facilities provided for sub-metering.
- Mechanical services are designed to meet the requirements of LEED Gold Certification and A3 Energy Rating.
- Central HWS storage will be provided and boosted hot water services will be generated by high efficiency low NOX natural gas fired LPHW boiler system and solar thermal panels.
- High efficiency water cooled chillers c/w dry air coolers and water stations will be provided to generate thermal cooling storage during night time. Cooling energy will be stored in phase change thermal buffer tanks to supply chilled water during day time.
- No. 19, GPO and Mercantile Buildings are naturally ventilated and are not air conditioned. Heating connections with energy metering provided for tenant connection.
- No. 19 concrete ceilings will be exposed for heat sink/natural cooling purposes, and therefore suspended ceilings will not be provided.
ELECTRICAL SERVICES SUMMARY
- Electrical services are based on a ‘shell and core’ scheme at a 1 person per 10sqm net occupancy. Provision is made for tenant fit out of general lighting and power services, door access control, emergency lighting and fire alarm systems.
- High efficiency LED lighting and emergency lighting is provided to all landlord/common areas.
- Main entrance/exit doors at ground floor level in landlord/common areas are provided with access control and intercom and are monitored by CCTV.
- Cable containment systems link service risers to all tenant spaces. Separate containment is provided for mains power, fire alarm, ICT/communications wiring.
GARDENS CENTRAL MECHANICAL SERVICES – CATEGORY A FIT OUT
- The Gardens Central office space will be air conditioned via 4-pipe fan coil units mounted above ceiling level with pressure independent waterside control.
- Fan coil units provided on 1:27 sqm net floor area for perimeter zones and 1:40sqm net floor area for internal zones, in main building only. FCU Specific fan power not greater than 0.35Watts/L/Sec. Fans will be high efficiency EC type and fan coil units will be Eurovent Certified.
- Each fan coil connects to a series of supply air diffusers in the ceiling.
- Chilled water (80C Flow / 140C Return) and low temperature hot water (700C Flow / 550C Return) are provided to the fan coil units for cooling and heating.
- Fresh air ventilation provided via local high efficiency heat recovery ventilation units. Ventilation air will be drawn in through high level louvres above ceiling level and stale air will be exhausted to atmosphere via high level louvres above ceiling. Fresh air ventilation provided at a rate of 10 litres per second per person.
NO. 19 MECHANICAL SERVICES – CATEGORY A FIT OUT
- Low pressure hot water radiator heating system connected to the metered service provided by the landlord. Heating fit out to include local thermostatic controls and automatic controls with service/energy consumption to be monitored by the landlord’s central plant and BMS.
- Natural Ventilation – Category A fit out to include automatic controls and wiring associated with the motorized window actuators. The control system will include the a central controller and control panel with local manual system over-ride switches.
- Fit out of the Ground Floor office space will include roof top ventilation plant, wiring and air distribution ducting within the unit.
ELECTRICAL SERVICES – CATEGORY A FIT OUT
- Lighting in open plan areas to be provided on basis of 500 lux average illuminance and a maximum power loading of 8 Watts per sq.m using high efficiency LED luminaires. Lighting installations to include DALI controls and daylight sensors with luminaires to have a glare rating of UGR 19 in accordance with CIBSE LG-7 Lighting Code.
- Emergency lighting to be installed in accordance with IS3217:2013. Automatic fire detection and alarm installations to be provided to open plan areas in accordance with IS3218: 2013.
- Cable containment only in raised access floor voids for power and data wiring with floor outlet boxes (1 No. per 10m2), wiring not provided.
- A local power distribution panel will be provided and connected to the main electrical distribution board located in the basement switchroom.
- Gardens International is protected by a fully automated analogue addressable, open protocol fire detection and alarm system. System in accordance with IS3218: 2013.
- First Aid portable type fire extinguishers are provided in accordance with IS291:2015.
BUILDING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (BMS)
- A fully automated building management control system will be provided to control and monitor all mechanical services plant. The BMS will also log consumption of energy and water.
- Intruder alarm system monitors the building perimeter.
- CCTV cameras monitor all building entrances / exits, basement car park areas, lift lobbies and central concourse / atrium.
- Proximity card access control system provided to all building entrances.
- Intercom system provided at all main entrances.
- ICT Cable management provided in all main service risers and linked to the buildings incoming service ducts.
- ICT cable way connections provided to building on Henry Street at rear in Post Office Lane.
- ICT cable fit out including incoming fibre optic service by tenant.
|Internal Winter Dry Bulb||21oC +/- 2oC|
|Internal Winter RH||Not Controlled|
|Internal Summer Dry Bulb||22.5oC +/- 1.5oC|
|Internal Summer RH||Not Controlled|
|External Winter||-4oC, 100% RH|
|External Summer||+28oC DB, +20oC WB|
|Occupancy Density||1 person / 10m2|
|Fresh Air Allowance||10 litres/sec per person|
|Air Conditioning Systems||4 Pipe fan coil, water side control|
|Fan Coil Density||1 FCU/27m2 Perimeter
1 FCU/40m2 Internal
|Internal Heat Gains||Lighting: 8 w/m2
Small Power: 20 w/m2
People: 90 Watts / Person (Sensible)
|Cold Water Storage||40 litres per person|
|Hot Water Storage||5 litres per person / generation|
|Chilled Water||8oC Flow / 14oC Return|
|Heating Water||70oC Flow / 55oC Return|
|Thermal Storage||Phase change material for cooling|
|Renewables||Solar Thermal Panels on roof.|
|Noise Rating||NR 35 Office.|
|LEED Rating||LEED GOLD|
|Service Connections to Tenancy||Heating Water (Metered)
• Chilled Water (Metered)
• Mains Water (Metered)
• Electrical Power (Metered).
• Drain Connection Pipe
|Boilers||3 x High Efficiency Modulating Natural Gas Condensing Type|
|Chillers||2 x High efficiency water cooled type with water stations, dry coolers and thermal storage.|
|Basement Car Park Ventilation||Propulsion fan system.
6 Air changes per hour (Normal)
10 Air changes per hour (Fire)
|Workstations Allowance||1 per 10m2|
|Lighting Level||Office 500 Lux|
|Lighting Type||High Efficiency LED|
|Lighting Control||Dali System. Daylight and occupancy sensing / controls.|
|Lighting Power||8 Watts (Maximum) per sq. m in open plan areas.|
|Emergency Lighting||As per IS3217: 2013 requirements|
|Fire Detection and Alarm||Fully addressable, Type L1 as per IS3218:2013 requirements|
|Small Power Loading||20 Watts per m2.|
|ICT Wiring||As per tenant fit out|
|Cable Distribution to Work Stations||Via raised access floor|
|Lightning Protection||Building Protected as per IS EN 62305.|
|Door Access Control||Yes|
|CCTV||Building entrances, exits, car parking, lift lobbies, foyers and atrium. Digital IP based system.|
|Intercom||At main entrances to building|
|Lift Services||2 No. 1,000kg MRL geared electric traction
1 No. 800kg MRL geared electric traction passenger lift
No goods lift
|Air Conditioned Areas|
|Main Building Tenant Areas||Yes. 4 Pipe FCU’S.|
|Building No. 19||Not airconditioned. Naturally ventilated and radiator type heating.|
|Mercantile Building, GPO, Hanging Gdns.||Not airconditioned. Naturally ventilated and radiator type Heating.|